At Orange County Pediatric Dental Group, we use the iTero Element 2 machine to provide the latest in digital impression technique for our patients.
Although our doctors and staff are highly skilled at taking traditional impressions, some patients still find traditional impressions to be an unpleasant experience. Digital impressions work by taking rapid photographs of area scanned and putting them together to make a model of the area needed by the dentist and dental or orthodontic laboratory. The image can be viewed as a stone model or as a colored model to represent the patient's teeth and gums.
What are the Advantages of digital impressions:
- Scanning is done quickly
- Patients who gag find that digital impressions are more comfortable, compared to traditional impressions
- Patients can take a break, if needed
- Limited areas that need to be corrected can be rescanned vs. needing to rescan the entire mouth
- Images can be saved indefinitely
- Software allows for comparison between multiple scans, so doctors and patients can visually see breakdown of teeth and fillings, shifting of teeth, receding gums, orthodontic progress, etc.
- Scanned images can be sent electronically to labs, patients, etc.
Visit Orange County Pediatric Dental Group to schedule your consultation today!
Images taken prior to COVID-19