Joseph Renzi, Jr., M.A., D.D.S.
Dr. Renzi is a Southern California native who received his undergraduate degree in biology, as well as his master’s degree in biology with emphasis in population genetics and ecology, from the University of California, Los Angeles. He earned his dental degree from Georgetown University and completed his residency in pediatric dentistry at Harbor/UCLA Medical Center.
Dr. Renzi has been a board-certified pediatric dentist for over 25 years and has been practicing dentistry for over 37 years. He maintains a conscious sedation permit and is a senior evaluator for the conscious sedation permit on-site exam for the Dental Board of California.
Dr. Renzi has contributed to the community by being the Co-Chair of the Gifted And Talented Education (GATE) advisory board for the Irvine Unified School District. He continues to be involved in legislative issues that affect the profession of Dentistry and the community. He has served organized dentistry by maintaining good working relationships with our elected congressmen.
He continues to do in-office research and supports new technologies and develops new techniques. He has also served as an expert witness in many high-profile dental cases. He has a broad background in many fields that he brings together when formulating treatment plans for his young patients.
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- Orange County Dental Association
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- California Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- Southern California Society of Dentistry for Children
- Pierre Fauchard Academy
- International College of Dentists
- American College of Dentists
- U.S.C. Pediatric Dentistry Alumni Association
- CHOC Children’s Hospital, Orange
- St. Joseph Hospital, Orange
- Orange County Global Medical Center
- PALS Certification
- BLS Certification
- Class II LASER Certification
- Chairperson, Interdisciplinary Committee, CHOC Hospital
- Past-President, Orange County Dental Society
- Past-President, Southern California Chapter of the American Society of Dentistry for Children
- U.S.C. Herman Ostrow School of Pediatric Dentistry/CHOC Children’s Hospital, Orange
- CHOC Grand Round—Infant Oral Health, Initial Dental Exam
- Loma Linda School of Dentistry—Lecture to Pediatric Dentistry Residents
- California Dental Association-Presents (Pediatric Dentistry Symposium speaker)
- California Pedodontic Research Conference—Diode Laser lecture
- Dental Board of California—Calibration course for conscious sedation and general anesthesia evaluators
- American Health Journal—Orthodontics
- Multiple articles published in peer-reviewed journals